Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meet Max! Pet Parade at The Katillac Shack!

"I'm ready for my close-up!"

Happy pet parade day! Today Kelee of The Katillac Shack is hosting a party to raise money for pets-in-need. To participate I am showing everyone my little guy, Max.

He is a black Fancy Rat with white paws, white belly, and a tiny white dot on the middle of his forehead. I call him my "scaredy rat" since he is jumpy and doesn't like being out of the comfort of his cage (though he did LOVE his photo session!). He is quite the little fudge ball, too, since he doesn't like running on his wheel (maybe he knows I dislike the treadmill, too?). At 2 years old he is the equivalent of a 73 year old person!

Isn't he cute?!?




Being shy.


"Is there food over there??"

Every comment Kelee gets raises an additional dollar for the pets-in-need! So far the total raised through links and comments is over $2,000! If you want to help out, go visit the parade here and leave a comment at The Katillac Shack!

P.S. He looks a little scruffy in these pictures since he just got a bath and wasn't completely "fluffed" yet.

P.P.S. The little guy actually isn't doing too well, in the last couple of days he has deteriorated pretty rapidly, I suspect degenerative myelopathy (spinal deterioration). If you're the praying kind, just include a thought for him that he's not in pain or suffering. Thank you!

6 comments:

Kelee said...

He is WONDERFUL!

I am focusing energy at him right now so he is comfy and as he should be.... how long have you had him?
What is he like? Is his personality distinct?

Thank-you so much for this post and for sharing him with us...... and helping the pet cause!

love, kelee & oliver

pretty*pink*rat said...

Thank you Kelee! I appreciate your thoughts!

I have had him for the whole 2 years, since he was a wee little rat :)

He definitely has his own personality, he has always been the little acrobat, and has always been very skilled at navigating his cage and having fun! He is skiddish at times, but shares the love too with little licks on your hand, especially after a delicious treat!

My favorite is when I give him cold grapes from the fridge. He holds it in his little hands to eat, but they get cold so he holds the grape in his mouth while he frantically shakes his hands to warm them up, just like a human! It's adorable!

Thank you for sponsoring such a good cause! I'm so glad I am able to help!

rachel said...

Max is adorable! I know that's not the typical thing to say about rats, but he really is. His face is so sweet.

I'm sorry to hear he's not doing so well. My boyfriend had two gerbils for several years, and I understand how meaningful any creature, no matter what size or species, can be to someone.

Give Max a little pet on his head for me :)

Leslie said...

Hi Carolyn!
You are such a good friend :) Miss you tons! Wish I could know the new edition...so does spunk!

Deb said...

Oh sweet Max. I am enjoying seeing everyone's pet pics today ... Max is the first rat :-) I hope he is feeling better ♥

Nichole Loiacono said...

He is so cute. I will keep this little guy in my prayers!