Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Finally, Bedroom Pictures!

So I am still a long way from finishing my tiny apartment bedroom, but I thought that I would share what has been completed up to this point. I have painted and arranged the room, hung curtains, and begun to decorate. I still have pictures to hang and other decorations to put up, but those will get their own post.


The color is Behr "Pepper Grass", and I love the way it turned out. I had been admiring green walls lately, including Taylor Swifts bedroom in her "You Belong with Me" video. Now if only I can find a butterfly print to go with the green!


The mirror above the bed is from my post: First Post, First Project! The white textured throw pillows are a garage sale buy for $2 a piece, and the white milk glass lamps next to the bed are from my post: Brightening Up Vintage Lamps. I know that their scale is way too small, I would prefer to have a couple of large, white barrel shade, glam lamps, but these cuties will have to do for now. The pink box is my jewelry box with no better home right now than on the bedside table.


The curtains on the windows are a wonderful, light, lace-type fabric: a super find at the Salvation Army for $2.50 per panel. I think they add a little more texture to the room, and they are great for letting lots of light into the room, just the way I like it. The photo above shows how much light comes in during the day with the blinds and curtains closed!


Also next to the bed is a bright shiny alarm clock that I got at Goodwill for $2. It has sort of a retro feel in addition to being just plain adorable. It also has a face large enough that I can see it without contacts in, when I am as blind as a bat.


The room is pretty much skin and bones right now, I have much more to do to warm it all up with personal touches. I am thinking black and white photos in black frames, some silver frames, and I need to bring in a big splash of white somehow...

Here's to layering in those decorative touches!

5 comments:

Monica Aguinaga said...

!! I love your green walls! I really like colorful walls. white is sooo blah!!

Jacey Autumn Photography said...

great job girl! bold colors cute decor....yayyy! congrats!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love the green and those fab curtains!

Jacey Autumn Photography said...

hey there! im glad you liked my fab finds :) i got the mirror at angel view and the clock and candle holder at goodwill but i pretty much go wherever i see the words "thrift" haha

Anonymous said...

Loooove T. Swift! Great colour choice!

xoxo
J

www.talkprettytome.blogspot.com