Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Braid-y Bunch

So I have a new favorite hairstyle that apparently has been popular for some time thanks to the Hills and Lauren Conrad, but since I tend to not watch shows about rich kids, including My Sweet Sixteen, I didn't catch on to this trend until now: the side braid. I Love it. Yes, that is a capital L, my friends.



Its all I can do to not wear it everyday. Its easy (if you know how to french braid), its adorable, it tames those bangs that are growing out, and it stays all day! I even went through one of those waterfall rides last weekend at Cedar Point amusement park and the braid was still intact after being pounded with three waterfalls (I got an extra dose of lucky on that one). Here's today's version, sans waterfalls:


Even though summer is fading fast, I'm still going to be rocking the braid for some time. I might even try to pull off this look below, a la Gossip Girl (another show I don't watch, but at least this is fiction about rich kids).


Happy Braiding!

Click on photos for sources

3 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

So gorgeous!
Love these looks!

xoxox,
CC

Kelee said...

The braid is cool!

Mine tends to get wiggy and off.....I have been doing it off and on for a while sometimes...

with 2 crossed-over-- yep

I do look like Heidi..... think I will practice my yodel...:):)

Thanks for the stop by...appreciate you...

love, kelee.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love love love this look but I'm so challenged when it comes to taming the mane!